Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University was founded in the year of 1996. The university located in the year of Mykolaiv. The University approved and recognized by WHO & MCI. It is a classic European type university. Where meanwhile main tasks are teaching and educating, research and innovation. This work lies in the University 4 educational institutions (Educational Research Institute of Postgraduate Education, Institute of Public Administration, Institute of Philology, Institute of Medicine), 6 faculties (Economic Faculty, Political Science Faculty, Computer Science Faculty, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Faculty of Law).
The University provides English medium classes for international students. And in the academic year of 2015-2016, the University was ranked 44th rank among the top 200 educational institutions of Ukraine in the annual ranking of the UNESCO “Top 200 Ukraine” universities.
The University Facilitated to its students with 11 buildings, united in a single complex – on the campus. The University gives comfortable learning, activities, sports and leisure and all benefits to the students.
The University has a well-equipped library with 110 000 books, including 15 foreign languages. The territory of the library covers 2 spacious reading rooms with a total of 300 seats.
Medicine at the University
The university provides MBBS/MD courses recognized by MCI and WHO. The University faculties are specialists who were educated in the “Medicine” (bachelor’s degree) and are constantly engaged in supporting or restoring human health through prevention, patient observation, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries.
The University taking 6 years for a medical course. To get admission to the university candidate must need to submit a completion certificate of a secondary school within Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects. During the classes, training is provided in medical schools and academies of postgraduate education.
The Black Sea National University offers the following programs:
• Human health (Doctor of Medicine/MBBS)
• Physical rehabilitation
Bukovinian state medical university (BSMU)
Bukovinian State Medical University (BSMU) is one of the big and largest higher education institutes in Ukraine located in the city of Chernivtsi.
It is a fully developed government multiscriptual educational institution of the highest level of accreditation providing educational programmers of different levels. BSMU recognized by the WHO, Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, Italy), European University Association (EUA), Association of the Carpathian Region Universities.
In University history it has trained more than 30000 specialists including the following specialties:
• General Medicine
• Medical Psychology
• Clinical Pharmacy
• 6 faculties (four medical, one stemmatological, one pharmacological);
• educational-scientific institute of post-graduate education;
• 49 departments;
• center of simulation medicine and innovative technologies;
• educational-producing chemist;
Directions of training and specialties
The University provides continuity of higher medical education:
The university provides study as Junior Bachelor → Bachelor → Master → Post Graduate Education → Doctor (Ph.D.).
The University trains applicants for higher education on the following specialties:
• Medicine (Doctor of Philosophy, Master);
• General Medicine (Specialist);
• Pediatrics (Doctor of Philosophy, Specialist)
• Stomatology (Doctor of Philosophy, Master, Specialist, Junior Bachelor);
• Medical Psychology (Master);
• Medical and Psychological Rehabilitation (Master);
• Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy (Master, Specialist, Junior specialist);
• Nursing (Doctor of Philosophy, Master, Bachelor, Junior Specialist);
• The technology of Medical Diagnostics and Treatment (Bachelor);
• Biology (doctor of philosophy).